Much has been written on the concepts of ESG and Sustainability in recent years, with the COP28 Conference bringing climate change (if not already) to the forefront of many people’s minds over the last few days. At Zurich, we have a well-defined approach to Responsible Investment. Whilst there is plenty of subjectivity and nuances within this area, below is our attempt to summarise our approach and to include many of the resources in one place:
Zurich’s Responsible Investment approach has four main pillars:
- ESG Integration
- Active Ownership
- Carbon Reduction Ambition
Information on all four pillars can be found at our Responsible Investment Hub and you will also find:
- Entity level SFDR disclosures
- Fund level website and periodic disclosures for our SFDR Article 8 funds
- Our literature in relation to the Shareholders’ Rights Directive (II) – including links to our full voting records
- Further resources from both Zurich in Ireland and the wider Zurich Group
In our Fund Guide you will find further SFDR disclosures (for both Zurich and our Article 8 funds) along with a summary in relation to IDD and the requirement to determine and document a customer’s sustainability preferences. Finally, we have integrated the requirements into our Risk Profiler to help you adhere to the regulatory requirements.
As always, if you wish to discuss anything in further detail, please do get in touch.